Thursday, July 24, 2008

Well, it's not as if I mind that your heart ain't exactly breaking.

So it seems Lief had a pre-existing arrangement, which was very casual, but he's now asked to tighten things up a bit, and that's where she wants to spend her energy. I don't think Teak saw that coming when she tried putting the two (three?) of us together.

On the one hand, it's a shame, because our styles were pretty compatable, but on the other, I am still pretty messed up in a relationshippy sense, which is what I think Lief was starting to think about. And there were about 2 or 3 major deal breakers lurking like mines below the surface out in the medium distance- religion, drugs, and health, just for starters. So, that was an entertaining two weeks, anyway.

And well, on the other front, Teak has a girlfriend who she's crazy about, occasional urge to indulge boxing glove impulses with me or not, so better start investigating other baskets and the possibility of eggs to be put in.

Where does this leave me? Itches a little scratched, feeling a little better, but the fundamentals are unchanged. A little higher up the hill, a little bit more braced for when the next wave comes.

And once again, a bit numb.

It's Niece's birthday this weekend, so that should be a good time, if I can keep it from being a drain-Uncle-of-all-his-money fest...Ai ya.

No comments: