Thursday, July 17, 2008

Applecore

I also wrote this yesterday, and RMT kinda liked it. Who knows, I may need to prove authorship some day.

So, called Apple Care, they close at Six

Thus, went down to the Apple Store.

But, it seems we all need our appointments

If- we want to see the "Genius Bar" for service.

"Yeah, you can make an appointment online", says the iClerk.

"But, my computer's broken." I then say.

"Gee, that's too bad," says the nervous blueshirt,

"Here, use our internet" he goes on.

"Okay, there's my contact info" says I,

"Whoops, no space today", he then opines.

"Hey, it only shows Thursday Friday", I note.

"Yeah, I guess just two days at a time-

Hey! whatabout tomorrow night or Friday"?

"No, I'm not free till Saturday", I then sigh,

"This", I make a gesture, "is a bad business model"

"Gosh", says iClerk Stephen, chastened.

"But," I'm trying, "can't I just drop it off here?"

"No", he checks with someone orange,

"No, it takes time to take your info"

Fuck, I'm thinking, how much fucking info?

"Here", says Stephen, quickly, "our card with web address"

Again, I'm thinking, My computer's busted

"Thanks", I say and smile but don’t quite mean it,

Out, I walk, while thinking to myself,

Damn, this place sure looks like Mammon,

Mammon, with these yuppies groping touchscreens,

Gasping, like they've never fucked before.

No comments: