Monday, April 14, 2008

Just for fun, and for absent friends.

I wonder if you can imbed videos in blogger? There must be a way. If you can't get a little moved, when, years later, you hear the music of your teenage years, then I'm not sure you were really living them. Which is not to say I feel any obligation to subscribe to nostalgia for the music of other generations' teenage years. Hmm, let's try this:



Ah, that works. There is a version of history where we all formed an absolutely magnificent 80's hair band, I dressed like Thomas Dolby and played bass like nobody's business while you crooned buttery lyrics and seduced anything that moved, as we strode the stage and brought the house down night after night after night, surrounded by budding geniuses the likes of which we've never quite seen since. You know this in your heart of hearts, yes you do.

3 comments:

laura k said...

Welcome back!

laura k said...

Hi again, just in case you're not subscribing to threads or checking back, I replied at your recent comment (re "paranoia"), and asked if you would cross-post it at the new SPP thread. Thanks.

Wrye said...

Oh, that's certainly fine. I may even expand on it here...